The Marpole Curling Club will be looking to fill the Club Manager position in the coming months. We are looking to hear from those interested in the position as well as those willing to assist in club operations on a short-term basis. A new Manager will not necessarily be hired prior to the end of the 2012-13 season.
Current Manager Robbie Gallaugher will eventually step down from his role due to personal reasons, but will continue work as usual until further notice.
The Marpole Curling Club is looking for an experienced, energetic, motivated individual to fill a key position of Club Manager for our club. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this individual must have strong leadership, marketing, sales and promotional skills coupled with previous managerial experience, preferably in a recreational environment. This position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the club operations, including liquor and food services and rental activities. Experience in and/or knowledge of curling would be an asset but is not required. Specific requirements and duties include:
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Successful sales and/or marketing track record.
- Proven ability to manage staff
- Basic cash handling, bookkeeping and budgeting skills and working knowledge of financial reports
- Good understanding of recreational facility operations
- Manage operation of a busy 6-sheet curling club in Vancouver, BC
- Management of curling facilities, working closely with the Head Ice Technician.
- Management of club restaurant and banquet facilities including restaurant staff.
- Management of lounge facilities including bar staff.
- Ensure that day to day operations are in concert with the Marpole Curling Club strategic goals.
- Present a professional and positive public image of the Marpole Curling Club.
Please contact Gary Sutcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org, Brad Lowe at email@example.com or Robbie Gallaugher at Robbie@marpolecurling.ca for more information.